Life at PLG:
- Represents insurance companies and insureds in insurance coverage, insurance bad faith and third-party liability litigation.
- Advises insurance companies pre-suit on issues of coverage.
- Defends personal injury lawsuits.
- Experienced litigator handling all aspects of litigation, including trials, summary judgment, alternative dispute resolution and appeals.
Life before PLG:
- Partner at Indianapolis law firm, focusing on insurance coverage/bad faith and personal injury defense, 2009-2019.
- Member of Bingham McHale Insurance Practice Group, 2002-2009.
- Recognized as a Super Lawyers, Indiana Rising Star, 2009-2011.
- Graduated from Miami University (Ohio) (B.A., B.S 1997); Indiana University McKinney School of Law (J.D. 2002).
Life beyond PLG:
- Actively involved with Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana; Indianapolis Public School Corporation Finance Committee; and Indianapolis Center for Inquiry School 84.
- Enjoys traveling, ballet, cheering on the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame and the Chicago Cubs.
- Lives in Indianapolis with her husband, daughter and son.
- Celina Mutual Insurance Co. v. Gallas (Northern District Indiana, 2017) — coverage/declaratory judgment involving business risk exclusions.
- USAA Life Insurance Co. v. Brunton (Southern District Indiana, 2016) — interpleader.
- Missler v. State Farm Fire and Casualty Co. (Indiana Court of Appeals, 2015) —coverage/bad faith involving allegations of faulty workmanship against third party contractor.
- Foster v. State Farm Fire and Casualty Co. (7th Circuit, 2012) — coverage/ bad faith involving duties and cooperation provision of policy.
- Royer v. USAA Casualty Insurance Company (Northern District Indiana, 2011) — suit limitation provision of policy.
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. v. Estep (Indiana Supreme Court, 2007) — assignment of claims.
- Sammons v. State Farm Fire and Casualty Co. (Southern District Indiana, 2006) —coverage/bad faith involving mold exclusion.
- Watt v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company (Northern District Indiana, 2006) — coverage/bad faith involving underinsured motorist coverage.
- Achey v. State Farm Fire and Casualty Co. (Northern District Indiana, 2003) — coverage/bad faith involving fire loss.
- ICLEF Judge Robert H. Staton Indiana Law Update, Insurance Update- 2019 speaker.
- DTCI Annual Conference Insurance Law Update — 2012, 2017 speaker.
- ICLEF Advanced Insurance Law, Additional Insured Endorsements — 2016 speaker.
- Annual Indiana Law Survey, Insurance Law Update — 2015, 2016 speaker.
- DTCI Roundtable, Appraisal and Additional Insured Endorsements — 2013 speaker.
- NBI Seminar, “Insurance Coverage Litigation” — 2010 speaker.
- NBI Seminar, “Common Types of Insurance Coverage Disputes” — 2007 speaker/publication.